Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm thankful for...


the little things in life


From waking up to the two cutest, smiling faces each morning to the wonderful feeling of climbing into bed after a long day, I cherish the small things in my life. Watching Jack smile throughout the day. The quietness during nap time. The proudness that I felt today when Ben said the whole abc's by himself. The excitement that fills the room when daddy gets home from work. Hearing Ben tell me "mum mum is beautiful." The inside jokes that Drew and I share. The rolls on my chubby baby. Getting excited when I get a phone call or text message. The last peek at the boys sleeping in their beds before I go to bed. Cuddling with Ben to read books. The little bit of alone time I get with my husband each day. The dance parties Ben and I will randomly have throughout the day. The look on Jack's face when he watches his mom and brother do silly dances. The look on Drew's face when he watches his wife and son do silly dances. The feeling of accomplishment after finally catching up with all the laundry. Looking forward to weekends. Answering about 200 questions a day thanks to Ben.

These are the little things that make life what it is. The things that give life meaning. These are the type of things that make me happy.

4 comments:

Vic said...

The "little" things in life can give us the greatest pleasure and satisfaction...and its not such a "little" thing, to be a happy and proud wife and mother as you are....

tjfehrenbach said...

Stacey, your blog is like a good book...I can hardly wait to open it up each day and read the next chapter. You make me so proud!

The Power Family said...

Im with Mom, I look forward to reading your blog everyday as well. It brings many smiles to my face :)

Loree Hanson said...

One of your BEST entries Stacey! If you focus on appreciating the small joys that life has to offer, you will lead a life full of contentment...it is heartwarming to see that you have learned this lesson at such a young age!