Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm thankful for...

(In case you missed it in the last post, I am doing 14 days of thankfulness posts)

The girls in my life

I often feel like I live in a boy's world. As much as I love all of my boys, sometimes it's nice to have girly time. To talk to someone who can relate to me. To have someone listen to me (you know how boys are). After all, I did grow up surrounded by girls so it's familiar territory for me. Luckily, I have the perfect girls in my life.

My mom is one of the most irreplaceable people in my life. I don't know what I would do without our daily chats, her constant words of wisdom and her never ending support. In some ways, her and I are very different but as I grow older, I find that we are more similar than I thought. I have the utmost respect for who she is as a person and as my mother. She has taught me that a mother's job is never done. I find constant reassurance in knowing that she is always looking out for me and will do anything for me. Thanks mom. You are the best.

I feel like I am one of the lucky few who has a wonderful mother in law. Even though, I haven't known Loree for my whole life, I find that our relationship continues to grow the longer we do know each other. I have an enormous amount of respect for her also. Thanks to Loree, I have felt welcomed into my husband's family and look forward to being with them. I love that I am comfortable keeping her included in our every day family life. That I am able to call her anytime and talk to her like one of my closest friends. I hope that one day I will have the type of relationship that her and I have with my future daughter in laws.

Lastly, the two people who I couldn't imagine my life without. My sisters. I don't think God could have given me two better people to share the special role of sisters with. We always tease each other about who the favorites in the family are. Honestly though, I couldn't pick a favorite sister if you forced me to. They are both amazing people and bring so much to my life, more than they will ever know or realize.

My sister Stephanie is the best big sister. You will never meet a nicer person. You can't help but smile when you are with her. She could be having a terrible day and you would never know because she continues to stay positive. She possesses qualities that I have never been able to. She is able to see the good in people. She has shown us that she is capable of so much. She is a wonderful sister to look up to. I cherish any time that we are able to spend together. Knowing that she is only a phone call away, I know I can count on her.

Lastly, there's my little sister Sarah. I've always thought that there are two sides to Sarah. The side that most people see which is the sweet, innocent little one and the side that only her family sees. This is the side that she should be proud of. She should be proud of the strong person she is. The beautiful person she is, inside and out. The mom that has become to her perfect baby. I am so grateful that after years of arguing, we have finally reached a point where we know we need each other. Even if it's just to call one another to share stories about what are stubborn little boys did. We know that we can always count on each other.


6 comments:

Vic said...

Wow, beautifully writen, and a wonderful tribute to "the girls" in your life. Have oodles of fun with HF1

The Power Family said...

Well I wasnt expecting to cry from you blog but you managed to bring out the tears. WHat all your readers should know as well is how wonderful of a person you are and how you have grown into such a beautiful, fantastic, patient, wife and Mom oh and can't forget Aunt :). I couldn't imagine not having you to call everyday for all your mothering advice. Who would have ever thought 10 years ago we would be so close and be going through this crazy job together.We are lucky to have the best oldest sister one could ask for and a Mom that words couldn't even explain her greatness. It is also so wonderful for you to have Loree there for you and to have the kind of relationship with her you have. What a great post Cee Cee, thanks so much. Love you.

tjfehrenbach said...

Stacey, this is beautiful and I find myself speechless.

My third attempt to read without being overwhelmed with that big lump in the throat.

Counld I ask for anything more? One of the most proud moments of my adult life and feeling such love, knowing I have raised three beautiful girls with hearts of gold. I thank God for them everyday.

Loree Hanson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loree Hanson said...

Having grown up with 2 brothers, raising 2 sons and now enjoying 2 grandsons has made me cherish the relationships that I have with the warm and generous women in my life. Stacey, you are most definitely one of these women! You have grown into being much more than a daughter-in-law to me.... you are one of my closest friends! I think that the quality that I admire most about you is your generous spirit.... I am very grateful to have you in my life!!

Vic said...

A beautiful MIL and DIL relationship..I'm sure Drew is "thankful" too....