It was an exciting appointment compared to my normal weekly appointment. The doctor did a quick ultrasound to see what position the baby is in. The last time I had an ultrasound was 15 weeks ago so it was fun to see our little guy and just get some reassurance that he is doing ok in there. His head is down and the rest of his body is folded in half. His body is towards my right side and his legs and feet are on the left side which doesn't surprise me since that is where I feel him kicking. I will be getting another ultrasound next Wednesday so that they can check the amount of amniotic fluid (not because the doctor is concerned that it is low, she just wants to make sure the levels are good) and we will be getting an estimated weight of baby Jack. At my appointment, I was also hooked up to the fetal heart rate monitor for about 25 minutes and Jack's heart rate sounded great.
My blood sugar levels continue to stay where they need to be and it looks like I will be getting through the next few weeks without needing insulin to control the diabetes. I am looking forward to after Jack's arrival for the diabetes to go away. As soon as the placenta is removed from my body, my insulin production should go right back to normal. It will be so nice to not have to test my levels throughout the day and stress over every meal trying to make sure I don't eat something that will cause my blood sugar to spike. It has been nice to keep my weight gain down though. Since starting the diet 6 and a half weeks ago, I have only gained about 2 pounds. If I was still on my old diet, I probably would have gained about 10 or 15 pounds.
I am so happy that it is Friday and looking forward to a fun weekend with Drew and Ben. Drew had his duty weekend last weekend so we haven't seen much of him over the last 2 weeks. Tomorrow we will be busy with our to-do list which includes furniture shopping for Ben's room and setting up the last of the baby gear. Sunday we are going to relax. I'll get some pictures this weekend. I know I haven't been putting that many on the blog lately but I'll work on it.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Only 27 more days to go...
No comments:
Post a Comment