Sunday, October 31, 2010

The last Picture of the Day: Halloween


Halloween has always been my least favorite holiday of the year. I've never been into dressing up and and everything that goes along with it. I decided awhile ago that I would put all that aside and try to make it fun for my kids. We've been gearing Ben up for today for weeks and I think it went pretty well.

We started the day with a Halloween festival. Unfortunately, it was a zoo there and very hot. The high was supposed to be 69 degrees today but it was more like 85. That meant it was too hot for Ben's jacket and hat. Those poor children that were wearing heavy costumes. They must have been roasting.

All of the stores has trick or treating for the children






I had to strip Jack down, it was so warm. I love how he is sitting here. Like and old man.





I had to get pictures of Jack wearing Ben's old pumpkin costume



I love this one!





I think it's impossible to get a good picture of them together





Time for trick or treating. Since Ben was a fireman, I put Jack's dalmatian jacket on him so he could be the station dog.




At the beginning, he was hesitant to go up to the doors but he quickly warmed up to the idea





4 comments:

The Power Family said...

Stace what great pictures of all of you. If Ben came to my door looking that cute I think I would have poured the whole bowl of candy in his baseball, which by the way is kinda funny with the fireman costume. Too cute. Glad you guys had a good day and happy to hear Ben had fun with it all.

suprdavoz said...

Stacey. even though Ben was not a baseball player. he is still too cute. I wish I could have seen him trick or treating. it has been a long time since I have seen that happen. great idea for Jack to be the firehouse dog.

Vic said...

You definately look like you've gotten into the swing of things for Halloween. Many more happy halloween memories...

tjfehrenbach said...

Having a "picture of the day" withdrawal. Guess Ill just have to look at the same pictures again...not a bad thing :)You have spoiled us.