Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mr. Mom

Yesterday morning, I went out on my own for a few hours while Drew stayed with the boys. This is what he had to say about his experience (I did not tell him to write any of this. He has been saying that he would write a guest post and this is what he wanted to write about)...

I finally got a real taste of what it's like being alone with both the boys this weekend. I knew it was going to be rough... even though I was only going to be alone with them for the morning. Well, it went good overall... good meaning no one was hurt. Ben is, of course, a hand full. He wants to play with me constantly, and whines and cries if I don't play. Throw a crawling Jack into the mix, and I didn't know up from down most of the time. I did get some relief when Jack took about an hour nap though.

Of course Stacey wanted me to get a feel for what it's like being alone with both boys. I knew that her job was a difficult, frustrating job, but to experience it first hand was a good way to figure out what Stacey is always talking about when she calls me at work to tell me Ben did this or Jack did that (with yelling in the background of course). Even for just a few hours I found out what a tough, demanding job taking care of two boys is. Stacey does it all day, every day, and I know she does her job well because our boys do so well in every facet of their lives. I was happy Stacey could get out for a few hours on her own, but let's try to stick to family outings most of the time.

2 comments:

tjfehrenbach said...

Good job Mr Mom and guest poster! A few hours to ourselves is always needed and appreciated. No doubt in our minds, that both you and Stacey are awsome parents. You make us proud.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is hilarious. I can just picture him there doing it all by himself. How nice for you to get out of the house for a bit, you need to do it more often! I know I need it right about now :)