Saturday, January 1, 2011

One of my favorite Christmas traditions

As you grow up and become an adult, a lot of holiday traditions change and you start new ones. One tradition that has stayed the same for me for as long as I can remember (I think it started in 1986) is my Christmas book. It's something that my dad started when my sisters and I were very young and he has kept up with it every year. Every Christmas, he gets us each a Christmas themed book. The special part is that he writes on the inside cover. He talks about the past year. The importance of our relationship. His happiness to be a dad. Now he talks about the pride he has in being a Grandfather.

I look forward to reading what he has to say every year. Who doesn't want to hear a reminder of how much they mean to their dad. This year's book definitely did that. Thanks dad.

2 comments:

suprdavoz said...

Stacey, you are welcome. I do enjoy doing it as it gives me a chance to reflect on the past year and the memories that I have of you girls and now my grandsons.I am a very lucky man to have three beautiful daughters as well as three wonderful grandsons. you all mean the world to me.

The Power Family said...

It definitley is a very special thing he does for us and I think he manages to bring tears every year too.