Saturday, May 1, 2010

So this is what sleep feels like

For the first time in over 6 weeks, we are actually getting uninterrupted sleep. We were lucky if we got a 4 hour stretch before Jack woke up to eat. This all changed Wednesday night when I decided to give him a little more in his before bedtime bottle. He ended up sleeping 7.5 hours that night. I thought it might have been a one time thing but Thursday night he went 8.5 hours. Last night it was almost 9 hours. He gets up right before 6:00, quickly eats and then goes back to sleep for another 3 hours.

This is very exciting for us. Ben didn't sleep through the night and in his own room until he was 5 months old (his situation was a little different though). I love that I can put Jack in his crib at night, swaddle him up and he will fall asleep on his own. I hope that this is a preview of what the future will be like with him. Ben seems to be a little high strung like his mother so maybe Jack will be more easy going like his dad.

It's just me and the two little ones this weekend. Drew has his drill duty the first weekend of every month. It's pretty much just normal work days for him and he is home by 6. It just makes for a long 2 weeks for him without a break. Since he couldn't take Ben to his gym class this morning, they went to one last night and then went for ice cream afterwards. They are so cute together.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I will put new pictures up soon and I have a video from yesterday that I need to upload.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Here's to a good nite's sleep!!!! Have fun with your boyz this weekend.

The Power Family said...

Ya ya ya just rub it in why dont ya! :)That's cute that Drew and Ben go out for ice cream, he is a great daddy. You guys are perfect parents together.