Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We're home!

Jack and I were discharged on Monday afternoon. What a good feeling. After four nights away from home, I was ready to leave the hospital. I was also ready to come home and see my other baby. Who by the way, looks so much bigger and older now that Jack is here. It was a bit overwhelming coming home. Just walking from the car to inside took a lot out of me. Ben was excited to see his baby brother. Our first night home was pretty rough. I think Drew and I got maybe a total of two hours of sleep. Last night was better and we probably got about 5 hours of sleep which isn't too bad when you have a new baby. Jack sleeps all day and likes to eat a lot during the night. He hardly cries at all. He is a little smaller than we thought so most of his clothes are too big for him. He will soon grow into them though. He has his first doctor's appointment this afternoon. The doctor mostly just wants to check him out and make sure he is gaining weight (he had dropped down to 6 lbs 7 ozs by the time we left the hospital).

As for me, I am slowly recovering. Getting around gets easier every day. Going up and down the stairs is a bit of a challenge though. It is nice to be getting my body back to normal. I do not miss my big belly or any of the things that come along with being pregnant. I am just so happy to have Jack here and every time I look at him, I think about how lucky we are. It was a good pregnancy and delivery and now we have another perfect little boy. Can't ask for more than that.

Here are some pictures from our last day in the hospital...






No comments: