Happy Birthday my sweet boy. I love you so much!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Happy Birthday to my sweet Benjamin
Today, my sweet little guy is two. He really is growing up and I love the person he is becoming. Of course, as his mother, I think he is perfect. He really is a great little boy though. I am pretty sure that we lucked out with him. He is a good mix of his mom and dad. He's got his mother's feistiness and his dad's sweet and calm demeanor. He's a picky eater like his mom and luckily, coordinated like his dad. He's got his mom's smile and seems to be left handed like his dad. He goes to his dad when he wants to play and have fun and to his mom when he needs a hug or when he's upset. Every day gets better and better with Ben. Just when you think it can't get any better than it already is, you find yourself enjoying each day more. It's so easy to take your children for granted. From the fact that you are able to have them to their health and well-being. You assume that everything will always be good with them and try not to think about the bad that could affect their lives. From the very beginning, Ben has taught me that you can't take things for granted. Things will not always go as planned. You will not always have control over everything. For the past two years, he has reminded me of that. He has taught me more in his short life than anyone else has taught me in my whole life. He has taught me a new way to love, to enjoy life and how to be a mom. He really has brought so much happiness into my life and I'm pretty sure that he's pretty happy himself. I hope the years keep getting better for him and that he continues to possess all of the great qualities that make him who he is. I hope he continues to take after his dad and learns from him. I hope he likes being an older brother and has a wonderful relationship with his brother. I hope he sets goals for his future and works hard to meet them but I also hope he is able to enjoy being a child for awhile before having to grow up. I hope he marries someone who likes her mother in law. I hope when he is older, he has the kind of relationship with his parents that we have with our parents. Most of all, I hope he has a good life and has fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A beautiful boy with beautiful parents. I love you all. Happy birthday Ben. You are a special part of our family and are loved more then words can tell.
Post a Comment