Friday, November 8, 2013

Life with the boys

Life with Ben and Jack is many things, none of which are boring. The two of them keep us going and help make our lives exciting. Whether it's watching them act goofy with their dad, exploring new places together or those sweet moments where they forget that they are supposed to be wild little boys, the two of them constantly remind us what life is about. They give us the memories we cherish and the future that we look forward to. 

I love picking Ben up every day from school. To see the smile on his face as his class walks out and he spots Jack and I. When we get home, the boys sit at the counter while I get their lunch ready. This is one of my favorite times of the day because for that short time, they are sitting quietly while we talk about everything that is "important" to a 3 and 5 year old. 

My heart melts when I spot the two of them being sweet to each other. When Ben helps Jack in his big brother way. Or when Jack hugs Ben as he looks up at him and says "I love you Benny."  

I look forward to our weekends where the four of us get to spend our time together. I enjoy our balance of time at home relaxing and our adventures outside of the house. 

I become that proud mom many times each day when I catch the boys doing a good deed or showing off something new they have learned. When they draw a picture that shows off how far they have come with their coloring. When they bring home a worksheet from school that shows excellent penmanship. Hearing them say thank you and please. Seeing them try hard at what they are attempting.

It is the moments like these ones that make being parents a really great job.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

This melts my heart ❤️