Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You're wrong. I'm right

Growing up, I had a tendency to correct people. I was constantly telling my family when they were wrong. My mom had to remind me to stop correcting my teachers in front of the class. I think even as I get older, I still want to correct people but have learned to keep my mouth shut most of the time.

I've met my match. I now spend my days with someone who believes it is his job to tell me when I am wrong. He catches my mistakes. He is quick to tell me the correct answer or way to do something. He is just like me. I'm just waiting for one of his teachers to comment on how he tells them how to do their job. I know it's only a matter of time.


Jack might not be analyzing every thing that comes out of my mouth yet but he sure is starting to talk more. Last week we told him it was time for bed and he said "don't want to go to bed." Drew and I could not believe that he said all of those words together. He will say "come on dad" or "love you mommy." One of his favorite things to say is "no Ben."

1 comment:

tjfehrenbach said...

Oh how I remember those days...Hardy a test or paper would come back from your teachers, that you didnt argue something. We still smile thinking about it :)
Funny thing was, as you will see, you were always right:) Ben will prove to be a good thinker, and as smart as his mom...this is all good.