Friday, August 5, 2011

How will the Hanson's remember our weekend at the beach?


They will think of Ben sitting on the toilet in the kitchen for hours and hours

On Sunday morning, we told Ben that he couldn't go down to the beach until he peed in the toilet. Finally, by 2:30pm he peed! Who holds their pee for that long? Very impressive Benjamin. I think you may be just as stubborn as your mother. Anyways, it was a really good weekend spent relaxing with Loree, Cary and Michael at the house they rented on the beach. This is the same house that the four of them used to visit each summer when the boys were younger. I know that Drew has a lot of good memories there so I was excited that I got to see it. I could definitely picture little Drew playing there. Ben and Jack loved the beach and didn't even notice that it was really cold out. I am not a beach person but seeing how much fun everyone was having, I couldn't help but to enjoy my time spent there. The laughing and smiling on the boys faces was priceless.

right after we got down to the beach the boys wasted no time.






I love this little boy





I don't know how he wasn't freezing. Or maybe he was and was just having too much fun to care.



waiting to go back to the beach after lunch and naps



the sun finally came out for a short while



I love this boy too :)



wandering the beach






and of course I love this boy too!





one of his rewards for using the toilet. Bribery is a bad thing in most cases but when it comes to potty training Ben, it is a necessity. 








he never smiles when I try to get a picture of the two of us



Loree was in heaven surrounded by all of her boys for the weekend





warning: the background noise gets pretty loud at times on the video between the waves and the wind and I had to upload it at a lower quality since it is a longer video. It was too big to upload at the better quality.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I loved every minute of our time at the beach.... So happy that you could be a part of it! Priceless memories....it will definitely be remembered for many, many years to come as the summer of Ben's marathon "potty sits"!!!