We were out of the house by 4:45 am and headed to the Fresno airport. Between Drew and me, we had a stroller, 2 diaper bags, 2 backpacks, 4 suitcases and two children. I'm sure it was a funny sight for those around us as they watched us trying to carry it all into the airport. Check-in went smooth and our plane even left a little early.
I look pretty wide awake for 6:30 in the morning. I also look like I am about 16 in this picture.
Trying to keep these two entertained on the plane was not an easy task
Drew was a good sport during it all
Our 2.5 hour layover in Dallas went well and our next flight even left a little early too.
We finally landed around 5:30pm (eastern time) and made our way over to the hotel. Ben did get sick on the shuttle ride over there. I guess he ate too many m&m's on the plane (they were used for bribing purposes). We got checked in and headed to our room. This was the lobby at the hotel. It was beautiful!
It was a pretty long walk to our room, or maybe it just seemed like it since we were exhausted from flying all day and our pants were covered with Ben's throw-up. Anyways, we arrived to our room and Drew walks in to find someone else's stuff in there. A little confused, but thankful that there wasn't actually a person in the room at the time, I headed back to the front desk to find out what was going on. The hotel was pretty full so it took them awhile to find us a new room but they were very nice about it and even gave us credit to the hotel which ended up covering quite a bit while we were there. Got our new keys and headed to the new room.
Backing up a little, the hotel we stayed at was the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is surrounded by three savannas with real animals. A lot of the rooms have views of the savannas but we went with a standard room with no view since the better view rooms were not in our budget. There are a lot of places throughout the hotel to view the animals so we thought it would be okay to not be able to see them from our room. When we got into the new rooms, we quickly realized that we had been upgraded to a savanna view. We were so excited and really enjoyed it throughout the week.
Bellhop quickly brought up our groceries that I had ordered and the stroller we rented for the week. After getting cleaned up, we headed downstairs to dinner. By this time it was after 8 and we were hungry.
Jack is constantly taking his socks off
After dinner and exploring the hotel, we were all tired and ready for bed. We had an early morning ahead of us.
Don't worry, the pictures get a little more exciting
3 comments:
I feel like I was there...thru it all, you are all still smiling:)Sounds like the beginning to an eventful and fun family vacation for HF2.
Feel like I am beginning a good book and cant wait until the next chapter. I am amazed how much Drew looks like Michael in these pictures. Bet the cleaning crew was happy to have his picture taken while doing his duties in the hotel lobby. As Tom would say...they too need praised.
Ok wheres the next day? I cant wait to hear and see more.
Post a Comment