Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Maybe a green thumb?

Ben and I did some planting on Sunday afternoon. We planted tomatoes and pumpkins. We'll have to see if they actually grow. I know Ben's Grandma will be happy to know that he very much enjoyed doing this and is very proud of his plants.


Filling the pots with dirt



Lewey kept his distance, probably in fear that Ben would throw dirt on him (not that it matters since he is so dirty anyways. Good thing he is getting groomed in a week)







We made quite the mess



He wanted to take his plants with him everywhere





Showing dad his work


4 comments:

tjfehrenbach said...

All those years that I tried to get Bens mom (yes, you Stacey) interested in getting her hands a little dirty in the garden soil have finally paid off. I am so happy you are showing Ben the wonderful pleasures that come from planting. Good job Stacey!

Vic said...

I agree, start them young...he will love it, he is so cute, and so proud....I can't wait to share my vegetable and herb garden with him...

Anonymous said...

So cute Stacey! But I had to chuckle at the small pots you put a tomato and pumpkin plant in! You know they are going to grow quite a bit, right? :) Glad Ben had fun! We are looking forward to seeing you and all your boys really soon! Aunt Donna

The Hanson Family said...

I'm glad you got a chuckle. I guess it's obvious that I don't have a green thumb if I didn't think about the pot size. To tell you the truth though, there is a good chance these plants will be dead before they become big enough to outgrow their pots. I don't have the best track record when it comes to keeping plants and flowers alive. Drew sent me a text this morning me to water Ben's plants because he knew I would forget.